Monday, October 25, 2010

Cheers to Kitchen Experiments! Pumpkin Banana Smoothies

Thor's Majon recipe

Although Thor is a good eater, helping in the kitchen is not really his thing. He'd rather play catch with dad, build elaborate edifices with his blocks, and draw various sports related sketchs (Anyone want to join the Dog Fetch League? We've got uniforms and league rules). So on Sunday afternoon, when he scheduled a meeting (yes, seriously a meeting with coasters and everything) to discuss creating a new recipe, I knew I had to play along.

His recipe, which he develped all by himself, with only a little assistance from me in pouring is pictured above. Still a phonetical speller, it's not easy to decipher. To translate, it's got pink grapefruit juice, apple cider, orange juice and watermelon. Because every delicious drink needs a cocktail name, like Martini or Shirley Temple, he called it the Majon (soft j).

I too played around in the kitchen on Sunday using some leftover pumpkin puree and blackened bananas, I created a Pumpkin-Banana Smoothie, which after receiving an enthusiastic thumbs up from Little Locathor will be featured in Purple Asparagus' November school programs.

Pumpkin-Banana Smoothie
Serves 1

1/3 cup pumpkin puree
1 overripe banana
1/2 cup apple cider
ice

Puree all of the ingredients in a blender.

3 comments:

  1. It is so great to see drinks for kids that are not blue or purple. I will try this smoothie recipe for the kids on Turkey day. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear that I will write my post on sports drinks one of these days, Liz.

    Hope the kids like it. At both schools that I've made it, they've loved it (except the ones who don't like bananas!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the Little Locavore has a future in recipe writing.

    ReplyDelete

 
blog design by brooksiedesign