From the Community Food Security Coalition:
FARM TO SCHOOL ACTION ALERT!
Do you want a healthier America?
Several congressional offices are currently working on Farm to School legislation. We need your help to gain Congressional support for mandatory funding for Farm to School!
Act now. Please send a letter or call your representatives, and ask them to support Farm to School legislation and a robust child nutrition reauthorization.
Contact your member of Congress: In the House of Representatives | In the Senate
Ask your member of Congress to support Representative Rush Holt's Farm to School bill. This bill will provide $50 million (over five years) in mandatory funding for a competitive grant program for Farm to School projects.
See comparisons of the 3 bills containing Farm to School. [PDF]
Please take a few minutes of your time to help guarantee Farm to School programs and Child Nutrition receive the funding they need across the country. To read the full action alert, click here.
There are many ways that you can get involved during Congressional recess to get your legislators to support $50 million in mandatory funding for farm to school programs in Section 122 of the Child Nutrition Reauthorization Act. Every effort counts, from setting up a site visit to calling your Senators and Representatives. Here is a list of ways to get involved:
* Set up a site visit
* E-mail or fax your Senators and Representatives
* Call your Senators and Representatives: Tips
* Schedule a meeting with your Senators, Representatives, or their staff people: Tips
* Attend a public town hall meeting occurring during recess in your district and voice your concern. For more information about the dates and times of these meetings, consult your Senators' and Representative's websites.
* See the Advocacy Toolkit for additional information on getting involved with the US political process.
Both the Senate and House of Representatives will be on recess until January 12, 2010.
We All Need a Little Body Kindness
3 days ago